Tips to Avoid Frostbite
1. Avoid The Outdoors. If you can it's best to stay indoors when the temperatures drop so low, or at least limit how long you are outdoors in the cold, wet, or windy weather. In these extremely low temperatures and arctic wind chills, it only takes minutes for frostbite to develop!
2. Layer Up. To stay warm in frigid temps, bundle up in multiple layers of loose, warm garments. Compared to just one layer of clothing, the air between those layers will act as insulation. Before you head outside make sure to add a final layer of a windproof or waterproof shell to protect you from wind and wet weather
3. Hats On. You already know that a hat will keep you warm in winter weather, but in these arctic conditions it's important to cover your skin to protect it from frostbite. So make sure that your hat fully covers your ears. Plus, you'll stay even warmer if it is made of heavy woolen or windproof materials!
4. Mittens Vs. Gloves. Protect your fingers and hands from frostbite by wearing either mittens or gloves before leaving the house. However, remember that mittens provide better protection, so if you can choose them over gloves.
5. Prepared Travel. When temperatures drop this low and the road conditions are questionable, you can't predict if you're going to have vehicle trouble or get stuck in an unfortunate situation. Whether you're heading to work or just to the store, it's extremely important to be prepared with emergency supplies in your vehicle including warm clothing.
6. Eat Right. We don't usually think about how what we are eating can be affected by the weather but, in this situation we should! In frigid temps, try to avoid alcohol since it causes your body to lose heat faster! Stick with balanced meals and a warm beverage like hot chocolate instead!
As these record low temperatures make their way across the county, remember to keep all of your skin covered when heading outdoors and remember the early signs of frostbite: redness, prickling. If you need a new car or truck to protect you from the cold, stop by today! Chesrown Chevrolet Buick GMC is a family owned and operated dealership in Central Ohio that has been committed to providing the highest quality of service to create lifetime customers for over 50 years. Feel free to give us a call at (740) 363-1175 or stop by our dealership at 1588 Columbus Pike, Delaware, OH, 43015!
Visit our website: www.Chesrown.com